Translate

Friday, December 6, 2013

Just Thinking........

This is a song that has been playing on my mind all morning. Its called Life That is Worthy  by John Thurlow (I dont know if he wrote the song though). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-ju8L07WA

I've felt the pain of compromise deep inside
I've known the tension of a heart that's divided
But I've tasted and I've seen You're good
And now I am ruined for less than all You have for me

The more I see of all this world, the more I am
Convinced I'm called to be a stranger to all its ways
So do not hide Your laws from me, for I know that
They are my doorway to eternity

I want to live a life that's worthy of Your calling
Remove the things that hinder me from loving You because
I don't want regret upon the day I stand before You
May I be found a pure and spotless bride that's ready for her King


Come up higher child, I'm ready for you

_______________________________________________________

To live a life that is worthy of his calling. To not have to stand before my King and realize that I did not live up to my potential. I can't imagine what it would be like to stand before my God who created me and hear him say, "Daughter, you could have done so much more if you had just trusted me". 

_______________________________________________________



Earth’s crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes,
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries,
And daub their natural faces unaware       
More and more from the first similitude.
~Elizabeth Browning

I was thinking about this quote this morning. How many times do I pass by the burning bush? The bible says that God is omnipresent. I can't escape His presence. If that is true, then how often have I brushed him off? Or even worse, heard his invitation to spend time with him, felt his prompting but decided, "I'll do it later" or "Let me just finish one more episode on Netflix" or "One more chapter, God, then I'll pray". I have done that more times than I can count. God would be perfectly right to hold me to that and be mad at me. After all, He is Holy. He is my Creator. I am just the created. Who am I to say to His face, "later God, I want to do this right now"? He won't be set aside forever, He is a jealous God and a consuming fire.

Praise God, though, He has never condemned me for not coming to Him. Never told me "I told you so" when I go do my own thing, discover it doesn't work and come back to Him for help. He really is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love (Ps. 145:8). 

_______________________________________________________


Sincerely, 
Praising Him Who Saved Me

No comments:

Post a Comment